We run various activities during school holidays and half-terms:
‘Easter Egg Hunts’ – where the children ride the ponies and follow a series of clues to lead them to the treats. Approx 45 minutes in groups of four to six riders.
‘Half-Term With Smartie’ – during the May half-term. Half-day sessions where the children learn many aspects of pony care following our Pony Care Syllabus, combined with riding, and leading to rewards at different levels. 3.5 hours in groups of four to six riders.
‘Summer With Smartie’ – during the summer holidays. Half or whole day sessions similar to the half-term activities.
‘Halloween With Smartie’ – during the October half-term. 2.5 hour sessions involving some pony care followed by Halloween Games and then a Halloween Hunt for treats.
‘Christmas Fun and Games’ – trialled for the first time in 2015 with 60+ children taking part, in groups of four riders for 45 minutes, in Christmas-themed games with treats at the end.
‘Teddy Bear’s Picnic’ – this activity is in the pipeline!
FOR ALL ACTIVITIES:
- Children are grouped according to age and ability
- Children with little or no riding experience are welcomed
- Minimum age for half-day sessions is normally 4 years old but younger siblings are often included
- Special groups can be arranged for younger children
- We offer a high adult/child ratio of 1:2 or 1:1
- All our helpers are DBS checked
- There is always a trained First Aider present